The M&M (Mentors & Mentees) Program is a peer-mentoring program for undergraduate female engineering students, where Freshmen are matched with Juniors, and Sophomores with Seniors within the same major. M&M is a unique opportunity to build friendships with other students from across campus as well as for underclassman to find an upperclassman who can offer support and guidance so they’re not facing the challenges of succeeding at Tech alone.
In addition to encouraging mentoring pairs to meet at times and venues of their choice, WIE plans monthly lunches with guest speakers to give M&M participants the chance to talk about various topics including resumes, goal-setting, leadership, study skills, time management and much more!
Being an M&M mentor or mentee is a fun and rewarding experience, but it does require a commitment of your time and energy in order for the partnership to be successful. We ask that students signing-up to be a mentor or mentee make the commitment necessary to ensure a successful mentoring partnership, specifically committing to weekly communication and monthly meetings with their mentoring partner. M&M members who make this commitment will benefit greatly from this program!
Sign-up to be an M&M Mentee or Mentor
Sign Ups for this year's M&M Program are currently closed.
2012-13 M&M Events
We have some great M&M events planned for you this year! Please be sure to mark your calendar for the following events:
- Mentor Training: Thursday, October 4 from 11:00AM–12 Noon in Klaus 1116 E&W
- M&M Spin Matching: Tuesday, October 23 from 5:30-7:00PM in the SC Ballroom
- Spin Matching is brand-new this year! Instead of WIE matching mentors & mentees, we want you to help us. At this fun and highly interactive event, mentees will have the chance to meet several potential mentors and then let WIE know their mentor preferences.
- Robert (Bob) N. Stargel Jr., Vice President, Global Nonwovens at Kimberly-Clark Corporation, will be the keynote speaker for this event. To learn more about Mr. Stargel, please click here.
- M&M Luncheon (Getting to Know Your Mentor/Mentee & Setting Goals): Thursday, November 15 from 11:00AM–12 Noon in Klaus 1116 E&W
- M&M Luncheon (Resumes & Co-op/Internship Prep): Thursday, January 17 from 11:00AM-12 Noon in Klaus 1116 E&W. Ms. Errika Mallett will be speaking about resumes, as well as co-op & internship prep. To learn more about Ms. Mallett, please click here.
- M&M Luncheon (Leadership and Campus Involvement): Thursday, February 14 from 11:00AM-12 Noon in the Student Center Ballroom. Ms. Laura Kitashima, Analyst at Insight Sourcing Group, will be speaking about leadership and extracurricular involvement. To learn more about Ms. Kitashima, please click here.
- M&M Luncheon (Study Skills & Time Management): Thursday, March 14 from 11:00AM-12 Noon in Klaus 1116 E&W. Ms. Angela Montfort will be speaking about effective study stills, as well as how to manage your time wisely. To learn more about Ms. Montfort, please click here.
- M&M End-of-Year Luncheon: Thursday, April 23 from 11:00AM-12 Noon in the Student Success Center, Presidents Suites with guest speaker Andrea Laliberte, Edenfield Executive in Residence in the GT School of Industrial & Systems Engineering. Her topic will be "Finding Success while Being True to Yourself". Ms. Laliberte will talk about how to recognize your personal strengths, weaknesses and unique personality traits and then use them to your advantage to achieve success, rather than falling in to the trap of trying to become someone you're not. To learn more about Ms. Laliberte, please click here.
We would like to thank Caterpillar and Shell Oil, our 2012-2013 M&M sponsors!