The College of Engineering is consistently ranked among the country’s top 10 engineering institutions and has a reputation as a global leader and innovator. The College is home to eight separate engineering schools, each of which are ranked in the top of their respective fields. Because of its high academic quality and relatively low cost, Georgia Tech’s College of Engineering is cited as one of the best values in American higher education by publications such as the Fiske Guide to Colleges, the Princeton Review and the Kiplinger Business Magazine.
U.S. News & World Report
The Georgia Tech College of Engineering continues to be recognized as an elite engineering school and one of the top public institutions in the nation. The undergraduate engineering program at the College ranked 4th in the 2018 America's Best Colleges edition of U.S. News & World Report (published in September 2017). All of the programs offered by the College, the nation’s largest and most diverse engineering college, placed among the top six of their respective areas for the fifth consecutive year.
|Industrial and Systems Engineering||1st|
For the seventh consecutive year all of Georgia Tech’s engineering graduate programs ranked in the top ten in the nation in their respective specialties, powering the College of Engineering to a fourth-place ranking among public engineering institutions (eighth overall) in the latest U.S. News & World Report graduate rankings of national universities granting doctoral degrees.
|Industrial Systems and Engineering||1st|
|Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering||7th|
|Materials and Science Engineering||7th|
|Nuclear and Radiological Engineering||9th|
In October of 2017 U.S. News & World Report released a global ranking of engineering schools based primarily on research and global reputation in the field. The ranking placed Georgia Tech 14th among all engineering schools in the world and fourth among American schools.
Other Stats and Rankings
- Georgia Tech placed 11th among engineering and technology schools in the 2017-18 Times Higher Education World Rankings and 33rd overall in the world in the 2017-18 rankings. Among American engineering and technology schools Georgia Tech ranked fifth, and first among American public universities.
- U.S. News & World Report ranks Georgia Tech 10th on their "Best Global Universities for Engineering" list.
- The 2017 QS World University Rankings placed Georgia Tech 16th in the world in the "Engineering and Technology" category, and fifth among American schools.
- The Georgia Tech College of Engineering is the largest producer of engineering degrees awarded to women and underrepresented minority students according to the American Society of Engineering Education (ASEE) and Diverse: Issues in Higher Education.
- In the area of research, COE has been the top public institution in engineering research and development. Georgia Tech ranks 32nd out of the top 100 worldwide universities granted U.S. Utility Patents in 2016.
- 33.5% of our undergraduate engineering students are women, compared to just 17% of engineering students nationally.
- 30% of undergraduate students participate in the co-op program, which is the largest voluntary co-op program in the nation.
- Accepted students for Fall 2017 come from 47 states and 55 countries.
- Georgia Tech is the top producer of engineering Ph.D.'s in the country according to 2015 data from the National Science Foundation.