CoE Faculty and Staff to be Recognized at Spring Honors Luncheon
Many members of the Georgia Tech College of Engineering will be recognized for their accomplishments and excellence at the annual Faculty and Staff Honors Luncheon.
Recipients were nominated by colleagues or students to be recognized for outstanding work, and are then chosen by a variety of different offices on campus and in the engineering community.
The awards are meant to maintain employee morale and pride, as well as recognize faculty and staff for exemplifying the Institute’s core values.
“The College of Engineering would not be what it is today without the dedication and great work of its faculty and staff,” said Steve McLaughlin, dean of the College of Engineering and Southern Company Chair. “I am delighted to have this opportunity to acknowledge and thank the faculty and staff of the College for all that they do to support our students, to serve as role models and mentors, and to foster outstanding research.”
This year’s event will be held on Wednesday, April 11, in the Student Center Ballroom from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. The honorees from each school in the College of Engineering are as follows:
The Coulter Department of Biomedical Engineering
- S. Balakrishna Pai: CTL Undergraduate Educator Award
- Gabriel A. Kwong: CTL/BP Junior Faculty Teaching Excellence Award
The School of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
- Victor Breedveld: Innovation and Excellence in Laboratory Instruction
The School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Glaucio H. Paulino: Sigma Xi Faculty Best Paper Award
The School of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Manos Antonakakis: Outstanding Achievement in Research Program Development
- Dave Dagon: Outstanding Achievement in Research Program Development
- Farrokh Ayazi: Outstanding Achievement in Research Innovation
- Morris B. Cohen: CTL/BP Junior Faculty Teaching Excellence Award
- Jacqueline D. Trappier: Outstanding Graduate Academic Advising Staff
- Aaron Lanterman: Class of 1940 W. Howard Ector Outstanding Teacher Award
- Joseph L.A. Hughes: Outstanding Service Award
- Patricio A. Vela: Outstanding Undergraduate Research Mentor (Junior Faculty)
The School of Materials Science and Engineering
- Gleb Yushin: Sigma Xi Faculty Best Paper
- Joshua P. Kacher: CTL/BP Junior Faculty Teaching Excellence Award
- Dong Qin: Geoffrey G. Eichholz Faculty Teaching Award
The Woodruff School of Mechanical Engineering
- Angela L. Hicks: Leadership in Action Award
The School of Industrial and Systems Engineering
- Pinar Keskinocak: Outstanding Professional Education Award (given by Professional Education)
- Valerie Thomas: Class of 1934 Outstanding Interdisciplinary Activities Award
Additional information and a link to RSVP for the Faculty and Staff Honors Luncheon can be found at http://www.specialevents.gatech.edu/events/faculty-staff-honors.